Do you often find yourself feeling fatigued – even after a full nights rest? You may not be getting enough B12! Vitamin B12 is, despite its name, is one of eight B vitamins and is found naturally in meat, fish, and dairy products. The water-soluble vitamin plays key roles in the normal operation of our brain and nervous system as well as in the formation of blood.
A B12 Deficiency is surprisingly common in adults. The main cause of a vitamin B12 deficiency is just poor absorption from the food you eat. Vitamin B12 shots are the most common way to treat a B12 deficiency. Typically, a B12 injection is prescribed by a doctor and given on a monthly or bi-monthly schedule.
Vitamin B12 can benefit you by:
- Reducing the effects of memory loss and slowing the effects of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Boosting your mood.
- Invigorating energy levels.
- Focusing concentration.
- Slowing the aging process.
- Improving your immune system.
- Treating pernicious anemia, a blood disorder highlighted by a deficiency of vitamin B12.
- Controlling levels of the amino acid Homocysteine which contributes to heart disease.
- Increases the efficiency of fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Reducing the severity and spread of skin irritations such as psoriasis and eczema.
Symptoms of a B12 deficiency include:
- Poor Balance
- Memory Loss
- Shortness of Breath
- Tingling Feet
Mediplan Diet offers the B12 injection for patients who are experiencing a deficiency. Our team will work to determine if a B12 injection can help you feel your best. If you’re experiencing any disorders that sound like the ones described above, give us a call or click the Schedule an Appointment button at the top of this page.