The vitamins and minerals found in the heathy foods we eat contribute in a multitude of ways to our overall well-being. Among them all a case could be made that vitamin B12 may be among the most vital.
Vitamin B12 is, despite its name, one of eight B vitamins and is found naturally in meat, fish, and dairy products. The water-soluble vitamin plays key roles in the normal operation of our brain and nervous system as well as in the formation of blood.
In addition to these roles, vitamin B12 has been discovered to provide a number of benefits to our health and well-being. In fact, these ten are really just the tip of the iceberg.
Vitamin B12 can benefit you by:
- Reducing the effects of memory loss and slowing the effects of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Boosting your mood.
- Invigorating energy levels.
- Focusing concentration.
- Slowing the aging process.
- Improving your immune system.
- Treating pernicious anemia, a blood disorder highlighted by a deficiency of vitamin B12.
- Controlling levels of the amino acid Homocysteine which contributes to heart disease.
- Increases the efficiency of fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Reducing the severity and spread of skin irritations such as psoriasis and eczema.
See what we mean?
Vitamin B12 is crucial to your good health. That’s why we offer B12 supplement injections here at Mediplan Diet Services. If you’re experiencing any disorders that sound like the ones described above, give us a call or click the Schedule an Appointment button at the top of this page.
Our on-site medical and dietary teams can work to determine if you truly are suffering from a lack of vitamin B12 and prepare with you a health plan that alters your diet and perhaps includes B12 injections.
Are you ready to feel better? Take the first step and call us today.