One of the most important discoveries in recent times is the use of Phentermine in the management of obesity. This appetite suppressant has been shown to be particularly effective in reducing weight especially when combined with substantial diet modification such as those designed by MediPlan Diet Services. MediPlan also provides medically supervised weight loss plans to its clients who are in need of appetite control to help them reduce their weight and improve their quality of life.
Understanding Prescription Appetite Suppressants
From the term itself, appetite suppressants, are substances that act on certain regions of the brain to help prevent the release of appetite-stimulating substances. Appetite suppressants stimulate the release of dopamine or norepinephrine or both from the feeding center found in the brain. This stimulation leads to a reduction in appetite making the person to want to eat less. Some experts believe that this may not only be the mechanism of action involved. It is also possible that part of its anti-obesity properties can be tied to the reduction of secretion of gastric acid and the increased levels of energy expenditures.
Adipex, one of the appetite suppressants generally prescribed by doctors at MediPlan Diet Services, has been shown to help curb the cravings of its clients leading to significantly fewer calorie consumption. Because the medication is also a sympathomimetic or one that mimics the action of the sympathetic nervous system, it can also increase the body’s rate of metabolism, increasing the need for energy, and increasing the utilization of stored fat molecules from storage depots in the body. These can all lead to weight loss.
However, because of sympathetic stimulation, it can also increase blood pressure so it may not be a good idea to take any of these diet pills without first consulting your doctor. It is for this reason that individuals who are taking these kinds of medications need to be under the direct supervision of a diet doctor like what they do at MediPlan Diet Services in Memphis. These appetite suppressants are medically prescribed and as such are provided under the guidance of a medical professional.
Natural Appetite Suppressants
If you are averse to the idea of using a prescription appetite suppressant, there are natural products or food items that can help suppress your appetite and help you reduce your weight. These can include the following.
- Almonds – Studies show that almonds are not only excellent sources of magnesium, Vitamin E, and antioxidants; they are also helpful in increasing feelings of fullness so you will not be eating more frequently and will not feel hungry so fast.
- Coffee – The caffeine content of coffee is known as a natural stimulant which helps increase the rate of fat utilization. Additionally, it can also suppress the appetite.
- Ginger – This rhizome has been used for many centuries to improve digestion making you feel a lot fuller and helps negate the feelings of hunger. It’s also a stimulant to help in fat burning processes.
- Avocado – Many don’t like avocados because it contains a high level of fat. However, the fats it contain are actually good ones. Monounsaturated fatty acids are known to provide a steadier source of energy for the body so you’ll feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- Cayenne pepper – Capsaicin is well-regarded as a natural fat burner. Together with its thermogenic effects, the appetite suppressing effects of capsaicin might as well be the natural weight loss alternative that you are looking for.
- Apples – Rich in fiber, apples make excellent natural appetite suppressants while also giving you the energy you need to last the whole day. This effectively suppresses your body’s hunger signals.
- Eggs – There have been a lot concerns about eggs because of its association with cholesterol-related diseases. However, recent studies show that whole eggs do not increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Instead, they are rich in nutrients while also providing you with less calories. The beauty of eggs is that eating two for breakfast should already help you last throughout the day.
- Sweet potatoes – These root crops contain resistant starch which allows them to resist digestion. This means that it will keep your tummy feeling full for a long time.
- Dark chocolate – It is important to distinguish dark chocolate from white chocolate. Actually, the darker the chocolate, the higher is its caffeine and theobromine content, two substances that help in weight loss efforts. It also contains stearic acid which has been shown to slow the rate of digestion so you’ll feel fuller longer.
- Tofu – Some call it the bean curd cake, tofu is a very popular ingredient in Asian cuisine. It contains genistein which is regarded as a natural appetite suppressant.
- Green tea – It may not have as much caffeine as coffee but green tea’s antioxidants, particularly catechins, have been shown to help curb hunger pangs because of its stabilizing effects on blood sugar.
- Oatmeal – Just like sweet potatoes, oatmeal is rich in fiber which slows down digestion enabling you not to feel hungry for a longer period of time.
- Green leafy vegetables – These are rich in fiber which fills your stomach so it won’t send hunger signals to your brain.
- Salmon – Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon and other fatty fish have been shown to increase the levels of leptin. This hormone is what instructs your brain that there is still plenty of fat stored in your depots so you don’t need to eat just yet.
These are just some of the natural appetite suppressants which can help you lose weight. For best results in your weight loss efforts, it is better to consult with one of the experienced diet doctors at Mediplan Diet Services.
Learn More Weight Loss Tips and Tricks Here!
Whenever you establish your New Year weight loss goals, you’re probably full of determination and a firm resolution to lose weight. You know that THIS is the year you’ll finally achieve a healthy weight. However, once the New Year's high fades and real life sets in,...
Everyone knows that being overweight and obesity, in general, is dangerous to your health. You are at risk for heart disease, stroke, and other chronic diseases. However, starting a weight loss journey is hard. There’s always a reason why it’s hard to lose weight...
With the arrival of Thanksgiving Day comes the arrival of delectable foods. Creamy mashed potatoes and a seemingly endless supply of desserts and wine adorn the table, creating an endless temptation to overindulge. With so many tasty food options, you probably think...