Why the buzz around step counter apps? The science is in: sitting is bad for your health. It is essential to get up and move around as often as possible, even if it is just for a few minutes at a time.
What to Look for in A Step Counter App
When choosing a step counter app, you will need to keep a few things in mind:
- Accuracy: A more accurate app will track your steps well even when you are not carrying your smartphone. For example, it will still register your steps if it is in your pocket or a purse.
- Ease of use: Is the app offering a clean, user-friendly interface? Something complicated will stop you from wanting to use it daily and quickly derail your motivation.
- Features: Could additional features help you get more excited about moving around? Consider activity tracking, calorie counting, or the ability to connect with friends and family.
The Top Three Apps for Counting Your StepsPacer
Watching the step count rising on your device or app linked to a pedometer is extremely good for your motivation levels. So, here are the three top recommendations for step counters from the health professionals at MediPlan Diet Services:
The Pacer app is an excellent option for a simple step tracker without bells and whistles. It uses the phone’s built-in sensors to track steps and does not require a wearable device.
- Easy to see your progress over time
- Allows you to set daily step goals
- Encourages you to join challenges and earn rewards for more motivation
Simple but customizable, Accupedo is another option for people who want a straightforward tracker that uses a phone’s built-in sensors. Accupedo takes it one step further than Pacer by tracking active time, distance traveled, and calories burned.
- An excellent option for tracking overall activity level
- Allows you to set reminders to move if you have been inactive for too long
- Allows you to join challenges and earn rewards for meeting steps and activity goals.
The final choice is Moves, a step tracker with quite a few more features to offer. It tracks your steps but also records location and activity level to give you a complete picture of your day’s achievements.
- You can use it to find new routes or explore your surroundings
- A “storyline” feature summarizes the activities for the day in one intuitive snapshot
- Great for monitoring daily or weekly progress for motivation to keep moving
A few extra steps each day can make a huge difference in your overall health, especially if you are looking for ways to supplement your diet and fitness goals.
Remember, the most important thing is to get up and move more often, no matter which one of the step counter apps you happen to choose. Call MediPlan Diet services at 901-362-7546 today—our health experts can help you find the balance you need in your diet and meal plan, exercise schedule, health supplements, and more.