Some days, you can’t make it to the gym, but you still want to break a sweat and work out. Home workouts can be just as intense as gym workouts, and who knows, you might even like them more. Our team at MediPlan Diet Services wants to give you alternative workouts you can do anywhere!
Pushups may look basic, but they are among the most effective upper body workouts—pushups tone muscle groups in the arms, chest, and shoulders.
- Start in a plank position with your arms slightly extended and palms of your hands on the ground.
- Bend the elbows and bring your body to the ground while maintaining a straight back, but do not let your body touch the ground.
- Raise the body back to the start position and repeat.
It is okay to use your knees for support instead of the traditional extended legs if needed.
Another workout you can do anywhere that looks simple but packs a punch is squats. Squats work out muscle groups throughout the entire leg, from glutes to calves.
- Start in a standing position with knees slightly bent and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend the knees while keeping a straight back, and do not let your knees extend past your toes. The squat motion is similar to sitting on an imaginary chair.
- As soon as your butt touches the imaginary chair, return to the starting position without hyper-extending your knees.
Try to hold the squat position for one second or longer to increase the intensity.
Planks are all about holding one position to give your full body a workout. Try planks to target your core with workouts you can do anywhere!
- Start in the pushup position with your arms extended and hold this position with your back straight.
- Hold the position for as long as you can while tightening your core.
If you want to make sure you hit your target heart rate, the burpee is an excellent high-intensity workout.
- Start in a standing position with your knees slightly bent, then move into a squat position.
- Once you reach the bottom of your squat, move into a pushup position (complete the motion of the pushup for extra resistance).
- Bring your feet to your hands and stand up while exploding upward into a jump, then land into your start position.
Another high-intensity workout combines jumping jacks and squats for a killer leg workout.
- Start in a standing position and do a jumping jack.
- As you land back on your feet, your feet should be shoulder-width apart while lowering into a squat position.
- Come up from the squat position with an explosive jump while performing a jumping jack.
Nothing Can Stop You Now!
With these extra workouts under your fitness belt, you can keep your high motivation and not give in to the temptations of skipping workouts when you have limited options and time. So stay strong and keep working because you now know the top five workouts you can do anywhere!
Our team at MediPlan Diet Services can help you reach your weight loss goals! Call us today at (901) 362-7546 to see how we can help!