It is hard to believe that we are already in the 1st week of March and summertime is just around the corner. There is still time to work on becoming a healthier you before it is time to change the wardrobe out. Schedule your appointment to talk with our wonderful team about creating a personal wellness program just for you.
In the meantime, here are a few healthy habits you can start TODAY!
1. Go to bed early! According to the CDC, more than 35% of all Americans are sleep deprived. How does this correlate to weight loss? A lack of sleep will cause your metabolism to slow down and leave you reaching for unhealthy things to help “wake you up.” You can read more about how sleep and weight loss work together here.
2. Set some goals! Set short term goals and long term goals to help keep you on track. Make sure you are specific with your goals. For example, instead of setting a goal to “lose weight,” change that to “lose 1 pound a week.” Keep track of when you reach your goals to help build excitement to reach the next milestone.
3. Think positive thoughts! It is easy to get down about things. Maybe you missed the gym this week, or didn’t quite hit those goals. It is ok! Pull yourself out of the “blah” mood by trying to see the positive in every situation. You can do it.
4. Drink more water! You’ve heard it before, but it is worth repeating. Water is essential in day-to-day life. It helps curb hunger and keeps you hydrated. Here are some of Mediplan Diet Services tips to help you boost your water intake.
5. Snack on healthy food! Ditch the unhealthy donuts and junk food and switch to snacks that are a little easier on the waistline. You can easily shave 100’s of calories from your diet daily if you choose snacks wisely. Some of our healthy snack suggestions include popcorn, veggies with hummus, fresh fruit, or even yogurt.
So, are you ready? Start TODAY. Right now.
If you’d like to further discuss your diet and general healthy lifestyle goals with us, please give us a call at 901-362-7546 or schedule your appointment today!